Forger now brings the popular ZRemesher to your mobile Sculpting experience. Retopologize your meshes intuitively using the full feature set of the popular feature from ZBrush, all on your iPad. Forger has added Viewport effects, as well as a shift in default material (Blinn → PBR), which helps you to improve your workflow to achieve a more realistic artwork. The latest version of Forger includes a well-rounded set of new tools. The new Sketch Sculpt Brush lets you easily create new shapes, new Sweep and Lathe tools add new modeling capabilities to Forger and we added a new lighting toolset that now includes Area and IES lights. We have added tools for rounding out harsh bevels, modeling round details and Forger now supports hierarchies, making it easy to organize your creations.
Use the power of ZRemesher, the popular feature from ZBrush. Casual users will find the freemium version a perfect way to get started, while professionals will welcome this new feature to elevate the toolset from hobby blockouts to pro modelling.
With Forger 2023 we are pleased to introduce Cinema 4D’s rich polygonal modeling engine so artists can build highly sophisticated hard-surface models. A seamless transition between those new modeling tools makes it a powerful tool for any 3D creator. Artists can now move their work between Forger and Cinema 4D, thanks to the new sharing feature. Forger now supports Cinema 4D’s proven modeling with symmetry function, offering a modeling experience on the iPad closer than ever to what Cinema 4D offers on the desktop. The latest update introduces new tools for modeling circular details, rounding out harsh bevels, drawing pipe-like sweeps or turning profiles using a lathe. Forger also offers an on-screen 3D ‘gizmo’ that provides several useful actions including moving along an axis, scaling and transform.
Forger features an intuitive multi touch interface and a large range of tools. So you can start creating 3D models for films, games, 3D print them, or even walk among them thanks to augmented reality. Whether you’re a professional working in filmmaking, game development or character animation, or you’re just a budding young artist, Forger allows you creatively explore and bring your ideas to life.
Forger is included as part of your Maxon One subscription*
(Limited Free or Standalone Subscription also available)
*Forger can be used simultaneously on the iPad while your other Maxon One products are activated on your desktop apps.
Forger allows you to sculpt during your commute, on your couch, or even while you’re waiting in line. You can use your keyboard, the Apple Pencil or just your fingers. Forger is your portable sculpting workstation.
“With the app’s impressive array of powerful sculpting and texture painting features, you can forget about tools, materials and big spaces… you only need your iPhone or iPad to start fleshing out your ideas.”
“What I love most about forger is the mobility it gives me when I want to pick up my iPad and sculpt for a minute or more without isolating myself in front of my desktop. The app has all the required functionality to set up ideal preferences and in return gives a simple easy workflow for sketching 3D on the go.”
Head of Modeling - Framestore Montreal
- Polygonal Modeling Tools for extruding points, edges or polygons, beveling edges, creating insets on faces and bridging parts of a model and more.
- Seamless iterative workflow with Cinema 4D:
Objects can be moved back and forth between Cinema 4D and Forger to facilitate a seamless, iterative workflow.*
*Requires Cinema 4D Release 25.015 or later.
- Import OBJ, Alembic files.
- Export OBJ, STL, USD files.
- Multi-mesh support in scenes.
- Hardware keyboard support (Bluetooth or wired).
- Apple Pencil pressure sensitivity support.
- Undo/Redo history.
- Background and Reference image “ImagePlane” support.
- Left- and Right-handed UI modes.
- Turntable and Free Orbiting navigation modes.
- Action Pivot navigation mode.
- Turntable video generation.
- Image rendering with alpha at different resolutions.
- Latlong Image Based Lighting IBL support (exr/hdr).
- PBR, Blinn and LitSphere material support (PBR uses roughness workflow).
- Shaded, Faceted and Wireframe viewport display modes (sculpting).
- Normal, Darker, Transparent and Hidden on unselected choices.
- Lights & shadows support: Point, Spot, Directional, Area, & IES.
- Viewport effects: SSAO, Bloom, DoF, Chromatic Aberration, Film Grain, Vignetting.
- Brushes: Standard, Clay, Smooth, Move, Pull, Flatten, Polish, Scrape, Sketch Sculpt, Planar, Inflate, Crease, Stamp, Mask.
- Image support for brush tips (aka Alphas and Stamps).
- Smooth stroke (aka Lazy Mouse and Steady Stroke).
- User-adjustable falloff curves.
- Customizable use of pressure sensitivity (size, strength or both).
- Jitters for brush size, strength, rotation, position.
- Transform tool. (Translate, Rotate and Scale).
- Caliper tool.
- Screen-space, marquee-style masking and visibility setting (with Lasso, Rectangle, Square, Ellipse and Circle shapes).
- Brush preset system (allows storing and sharing presets among users, iPad-only).
- Multi-resolution mesh sculpting via Catmull-Clark mesh subdivisions.
- Rebuild subdivision levels from previously subdivided meshes.
- Volume-based quad-dominant remeshing.
- Auto-retopo quad-dominant remeshing powered by ZRemesher.
- Sculpt layers.
- Sculpt masks.
- Vertex colors.
- Face groups.
- Ability to Clear, Invert, Blur, Sharpen, Grow and Shrink masks.
- Combine meshes.
- Split meshes by adjacency, visibility and masks.
- Extract thick meshes from other meshes based on masks.
- Ability to close holes in existing meshes.
- Simple auto-generation of mesh UVs.
- Symmetrical sculpting based on axis of choice.
- Tangent symmetrical sculpting for posed, topologically symmetrical meshes.
- Ability to reapply symmetry to topologically symmetrical meshes.
- Ability to make meshes symmetrical.
- VDM stamp use & creation support.
- iOS 15 or later
- Devices: iPad Pro or current model iPad
iPad with A11 chip or later for complex viewport effects and shadow support.
The more complex the model being sculpted, the more RAM required. While there is no screen size requirement, as anticipated the bigger the better when it comes to sculpting workspace.