Who we are:
We are a leading developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions. Our products are used by professionals every day in the fields of film, broadcasting, advertising and games to create fantastic new worlds. Our award-winning software solutions Cinema 4D and BodyPaint 3D are used by notable companies such as The Walt Disney Company, BMW, Sony Pictures Imageworks, FOX, NBC and many more.
Meeting and exceeding our customer needs is a challenge that we meet on a daily basis. To help us meet future challenges we are looking for a Software Developer (m/f), specialized in GPU-Rendering solutions, to join our growing team.
What you will do:
You will be responsible for the development of new functions and technologies for our flagship product, Cinema 4D. Your primary responsibilities will be the maintenance, optimization and development of our real-time render engine. As a part of our development team you will work closely with product managers, UX designers and the QA department.
What we are looking for:
- Very good understanding of 2D and 3D rendering technologies
- A Bachelor, Master, Diploma or Doctorate (PhD) in Computer Science / Computational Visualistics / Engineering / Physics / Mathematics with focus on computer graphics is advantageous
- Solid skills in linear algebra and differential calculus
- A minimum of 3 years experience and a high degree of proficiency in programming with modern C++, modern OpenGL, CUDA / OpenCL
- A good knowledge of 3D rendering algorithms such as real-time path tracing, global illumination, motion blur, shading models, photon mapping and progressive rendering
- Good knowledge of acceleration structures for 3D rendering such as BVH, Octree, fragment-linked lists
- Extensive experience in parallelization paradigms and optimizing algorithms
- A good understanding of the current state-of-the-art in research and the ability to implement publications
- Dependable team player with a genuine interest in delivering an excellent product, a strong sense of responsibility, the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and communicate well in both German and English
What we offer:
You will be given a permanent contract with perspective at our headquarters in Friedrichsdorf, Germany (just north of Frankfurt Main) or at our Office in Montreal, Canada. You will be part of a highly motivated international team of specialists and will work in an environment that offers a wide range of individual development possibilities.
Interested in joining our team? Then send us your electronic CV (.pdf) with your desired salary and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
MAXON Computer GmbH · Attn. Mrs. Gesa Häfner · jobs(at)maxon(dot)de