This workshop will focus on motion design for branding, and how to translate design concepts into motion.
Motion has become a core element of progressive brands, where static identities are no longer enough in the digital age.
Mike will cover a diverse range of real world case studies, sharing the reasons behind motion decisions that were made to bring these brands to life.
The regarded Twelve Principles of animation will also be covered, a set of rules that have been used by animators for nearly 100 years, and how they tie in with modern motion design.
You'll get the knowledge you need to think about how your designs might move, and the confidence to be comfortable briefing motion designers and creating your own storyboards.
You'll also get some insight into popular software used for animation, giving designers the confidence to start making things move.
This is not a workshop about how to use software, it's an overview of how to approach motion as a designer yet to venture into the world of animation. During the workshop, Mike will open a couple of key projects and delve into the working files. He'll also be covering the following topics:
- a brief history of animation and motion graphics
- insight into how things should move following the principles of animation
- real world case studies and the thought process behind the projects
- insight into the working files behind a couple of key projects
- demo of how to animate in After Effects using keyframes and motion curves
- question time
Tickets: Limited places!