Who we are:
We are a leading developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions. Our products are used by professionals every day in the fields of film, broadcasting, advertising and games to create fantastic new worlds. Notable companies such as ABC, Amazon, Blizzard, BMW, Burberry, Columbia Pictures, Electronic Arts, Facebook, Fox, Google, Honda, Lego, NBC, Ogilvy, Sony, Sky, Turner, Walt Disney Company, and many more rely on our award-winning software solutions Cinema 4D and BodyPaint 3D in their workflow pipelines. Awards now include an Academy Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Technical Achievement Award!
The engineering department at Maxon is the place to be for every developer who is enthusiastic about high-quality 3D software. We are constantly modernizing our solid code base and introducing cutting-edge technologies. If you want to be part of this exciting journey don't hesitate to apply!
What you will do:
You will be responsible for developing new functions and technologies for our flagship product, Cinema 4D. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Maintain, optimize and develop existing and new modeling tools for Cinema 4D
- Adapt the latest research results into practical, production-quality code
- Develop with a focus on high-performance, multi-threading, scalability and robustness
- Analyze and optimize system performance
- Work closely with our development team, product managers, UX designers and QA department
What we are looking for:
A junior software developer with a good and broad understanding of 2D/3D concepts and computer graphics technologies.
You must also have:
- A good understanding of 3D modeling, algorithms and data structures
- 1-5 years of experience in professional software development
- Strong C++ skills, knowledge of C++11 features and higher
- Dependable team player who enjoys working in an international team
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Very good communications skills and English language skills
- Reliability, goal-oriented, sense of responsibility and a quality-focused mindset
- OSX (Xcode) or Windows (Visual Studio) skills
- Knowledge of recent developments and advancements in the area of computer graphics, especially 3D modeling
- Knowledge of OpenGL
- Experience with UI workflows
- Experience in other languages such as Python
- Good skills in translating technical and research papers into code
What we offer:
You will be given a permanent contract to work at our office in Montreal, Canada or at our headquarters in Friedrichsdorf, Germany (just north of Frankfurt Main). You will be part of a growing team that is very enthusiastic about their work and the products we produce, and have fun doing so. We have employees from all over the world and offer a very positive working environment, which allows us to shape the future together. Interested in joining our team? Then send us your electronic CV (.pdf) with your desired salary and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Maxon Computer GmbH · Attn. Mrs. Gesa Häfner · jobs_dev(at)maxon(dot)net