Director Sales Operations (m/f/d)
- Location: Irvine, CA, United States
- Location: Thousand Oaks, CA, United States
What you will do:
Maxon is looking for an experienced Sales Operations leader to build and lead a team responsible for the Sales Operations function, including planning, reporting, compensation design and management, sales tools, and managing the ongoing sales operational cadence. Sales Operations acts as an extension of sales leadership, protecting the investment in Maxon’s rapidly growing Sales organization by ensuring Sales has the insight, tools, and processes to run effectively and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will be data-driven, sales infrastructure savvy, intellectually curious, a collaborative leader, detail-oriented, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects.
- Design and direct annual Sales planning processes, partnering with Sales leadership to ensure effective planning of sales capacity, coverage, roles, territories, and budget.
- Work with Sales and business leadership to define effective sales performance measurements, ensuring that the sales organization has the reports and other internal intelligence needed.
- Work with Sales leadership, Finance, and Human Resources to craft sales incentive compensation programs that reinforce the sales organization strategy and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Establish and publish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Responsible for the direction and planning of the sales tool stack to enhance sales team effectiveness, and ensures the technologies work together to optimize the sales team workflow.
- Works closely with IT to implement organization’s sales and technology strategy.
- Work closely with Sales leadership to establish and manage an operational cadence for the sales organization, including sales forecasting, account reviews and planning, QBRs and performance management checkpoints.
- Lead a change management process to build organizational understanding of all proposed changes impacting the Sales organization.
- Grow and manage a team of Sales Operations professionals, providing strategic direction, coaching, and opportunities for professional development.
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in a broad span of Sales Operations functions in the software industry
- 5+ years as a people manager with a demonstrated passion for recruiting, developing, and retaining top Sales Operations talent
- Knowledgeable about B2B subscription software / SaaS models and the Sales Operations considerations required for success in those models
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills; outstanding at structuring, interpreting, and presenting analysis; intermediate level or better Excel skills
- Global mindset, comfortable working with cross-regional, cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams in a high-growth environment
- A natural tendency toward collaboration, a team-oriented approach, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident presenting to senior-level audiences with ability to effectively interact with and influence executives
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- BA/BS degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience with a vendor company in the Media & Entertainment industry a plus
What we offer:
You will be offered permanent employment, full-time, at one of our offices listed above. You will be part of a highly motivated international team of specialists working in an environment that offers a warm welcome with detailed onboarding and a dedicated mentor for a familiarization period as well as a wide range of individual development possibilities. Interested in joining our team? Fill out the form or email us your resume/CV (.pdf). We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Maxon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.