Quality Assurance Specialist - 3D Rendering (Redshift) (m/f/d)
- Location: Bad Homburg (Metropolitan Area Frankfurt), Germany
- Location: Irvine, CA, United States
- Location: Thousand Oaks, CA, United States
- Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
As a Quality Assurance Specialist you would join the Redshift team. Redshift is an award-winning, production ready GPU renderer for fast 3D rendering. Built to meet the specific demands of contemporary high-end production rendering. Tailored to support creative individuals and studios of every size, Redshift offers a suite of powerful features and integrates with industry standard CG applications.
What you will do:
- You will be an integral part of the Redshift team assuring software quality of our all our Redshift renderers. Across platforms (macOS, Windows, Linux), across backends (GPU, CPU) and across DCCs
- You will manually test and inspect all areas of Redshift ensuring outstanding user experience, industry leading performance, and latest feature development
- You will communicate closely with our users about user workflows and software quality
- You will create and collect metrics for test results to present to engineering and management
- You will document test plans, test cases, defect reports and work closely with engineering and product management to deliver high-quality products on-time
What we are looking for:
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated experience of industry standard 3D render engines (e.g. Redshift, Vray, Arnold, Unreal, Unity, or others)
- Deep knowledge of one or more area of 3D visualization (Materials, Lighting, PostFX, or others)
- Good knowledge in software testing methodologies, test planning, test case development, and test analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of one or more industry standard 3D software solutions (Cinema 4D, Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, or Blender) a plus
- Working knowledge of macOS and Windows operating systems
- Understanding of agile development methodologies (scrum, et al)
- Fluent written and spoken English communication skills
What we offer:
You will be offered permanent employment, full-time or part-time available, at one of our offices listed above. You will be part of a highly motivated international team of specialists working in an environment that offers a warm welcome with detailed onboarding and a dedicated mentor for a familiarization period as well as a wide range of individual development possibilities. Interested in joining our team? Fill out the form or email us your resume/CV (.pdf). We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Maxon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.